This page has some bookmarks about databases.
One day I would like to see a graph database that I could use as the main data store as confidently as PostgreSQL or SQLite. I don't think graph databases are there yet, but a few could reach that point.
- A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks. E. F. Codd. 1970.
- CODASYL Data-Base Management Systems. Robert W. Taylor, Randall L. Frank. 1976.
- Survey of Graph Database Models. Renzo Angles, Claudio Gutierrez. 2008.
- Do We Need Specialized Graph Databases? Benchmarking Real-Time Social Networking Applications. Anil Pacaci, Alice Zhou, Jimmy Lin, M. Tamer Özsu. 2017.
Understanding and using modern RDBMS
- How Postgres Makes Transactions Atomic. Brandur. 2017.
- Let's Build a Simple Database. Connor Stack.
- Use The Index, Luke! A Guide to Database Performance for Developers. Markus Winand.
Interesting database engines. Open source unless noted otherwise.
- Dgraph. Distributed.
- LemonGraph. Embedded (Python). Made by the NSA.
- Nebula Graph. Distributed.
- RedisGraph. Fast due to the use of GraphBLAS. Shared-source license.
- FoundationDB. Distributed. Has a document and a record layer.
Tags: databases, links, list.